Gerber Bear Grylls Paracord Fixed Blade Knife - Survival Knife
If you’re going to pack an item into the backcountry, it becomes even more valuable when it serves multiple purposes. By combining Gerber’s decades of experience crafting tools and Bear Grylls’s survival knowledge, the Bear Grylls Paracord Fixed Blade is that item. You get the functionality of a field-proven, full tang fixed blade knife plus the added versatility of nearly 4 feet of paracord. And it weighs in under 6 ounces, that’s less than most smartphones—not bad for a 7.75-inch long knife.
The minimalist, balanced feel of the Paracord Fixed Blade is well-suited to extended backcountry travel where every ounce counts. The 4-inch handle performs equally well with or without the paracord, and it offers a full grip for all hand sizes and plenty of power for driving the blade to shape wood or work on small game. A deep choil that sits between your hand and the blade allows you to safely apply added pressure when driving the blade, and a textured thumb rest on the spine adds control. The 45 inches of paracord on the handle could fashion an emergency splint or repair a blown snowshoe binding. Until then, the cord serves as a lightweight grip on an incredibly capable knife. You can even customize the wrap to suit your grip preference.
The lightweight, slim design of the sheath is in keeping with the thin profile and minimalist style of the knife, a real plus when you’re traveling light and don’t want bulky items hanging from your belt or pack. You can customize the sheath to meet your access preference, too: tip up, tip down or to the side. It attaches easily to a pack, or remove the belt clip for the ultimate in minimalist packing.
- Full tang construction ensures durability
- Fine edge blade is easy to sharpen and does it all
- 45 inches (114.3 cm) of paracord make up the handle padding and can be removed to tackle other needs
- Lightweight sheath is reversible and the belt loop can be removed or used to strap it to your pack
- Slim profile extends from tip to butt
- Lightweight design for minimalist travel
- Comes with a copy of Bear Grylls “Priorities of Survival” Pocket Guide for easy reference
- Backed by Gerber’s Lifetime Warranty
- Manufacturer Item # 31-001683
- Overall Length: 7.75”, 19.7cm
- Blade Length: 3.25”, 8.3cm
- Weight: 5.75 oz, 163g
- Steel Type: 5Cr15MoV
- Handle Material: Paracord